my cat = addicted to his scratching post now that I put catnip on it

Seriously, I got the little $2 bag of stuff, and Kid is attached to his scratching post like its part of his body or his mother. Its hilarious. I haven't seen him this freaked out in a good way before.

I'm djing at Bristol Bar tonight for Monday Funday!  I'm going to screw around with some original material and remixes at the start and then get into party material as the night goes on.  Not to say that my original stuff isn't party material, but some of it... isn't.  

I've been worn out on a lot of things. My creative self has been locked into certain behaviors for the purpose of financial stability. Its a necessary stifling, but its starting to impact my ability to focus on important things such as our business (my "day" job) and also my emotional state. So its time to explore old and new creative venues I've been through.

Three albums of material is a lot to review and learn from. I listen to music every day of my life, from as many sources as possible. It doesn't have the emotional reference or load that the things you make yourself do though. The memories attached to someone else's song have value and strength unparalleled in their own right, but your own writing, sound, or expression in whatever form has so much strength behind it in some cases.

Sometimes the thoughts or emotions were truly relegated to the past, and stay there willingly. Other times its a fight to refrain from basking in all that was making up the situation when the expression of self was made real.

As it stands, the mixtape I've got the first part finished of is mostly an excuse to listen to some tracks and songs old and new that I enjoy, though at times even I find it challenging since there's such a broad spectrum to work with. Just as Saturday night I was playing everything from Metallica to Sabbath to Zeppelin to Crue to Scorpions, this is an exhibition of the current affairs. The roster of songs that have been on my mind as active material.

I'm putting together a separate mix/production that will be all things I've created or modified. Its overdue for me to put some of these relics out, especially the limited ones that I don't even have the source material for anymore.

For now, here is the first part of "I like to break things like hearts"



I like to break things like hearts (part 1)


My Superstition - B1 Run Dmc, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill & Stevie Wonder
Reminisce (ReEdit with Goldrocc) - Pete Rock and CL Smooth
Sweaty Wet - Killaqueenz
ante up (re-up w original and tittsworth) - M.O.P.
ZDRLT (Rewind) - Digitalism
Ray of Zdarlight - The Avalanches
Island (The Toxic Avenger Remix) - Pomomofo
Kids (Soulwax Nite Mix) - Mgmt
Id Engager (Mad Decent Remix) - Of Montreal
I'm Good I'm Gone (Fred Falke Vocal Remix) - Lykke Li
Ka$h (Trizzy & Xxxchange Remix) - James Pants
Find A Way - The Juan Maclean
Merrymaking (Dave Espionage Smack Edit) - Calvin Harris
Jockin' Jay Z (Don Rimini Remix) - Jay-Z
Stuck In The Middle (Todd Terje Edit) - Stealers Wheel
Bottom Of The Pussyhole - Camron
Juke And Pop (Mic Terror vs Green Velvet) - The Hood Internet
Shake Whatcha Momma Gave Ya (Lunyp Miami Booty Shaking Mix) - Poison Clan
Whoomp! There It Is - Tag Team
Whoomp! There It Is - Disco Villains
A Millie Dollar Bill (Dave Espionage Snap-a-thon Remix) - Lil Wayne vs Wu-Tang Clan
A Millie (Krames Geeked Up Remix) - Lil Wayne
Rump Shaker (Dave Espionage Bebebemoremoremore hack) - Wreckx N Effect
Y'all Know the Name (Flosstradamus Remix) - Jokers of the Scene
seven RAVE nation army - The White Stripes Vs. Disco Trash Music
Jeep Ass Gutter ft. Masta Ace (Vocal Mix) - Aaron LaCrate & Debonair Samir
Sunny (The American Dream Team I <3 SUNNY Remix) - Boney M
Mars (Dave Nada Hood Mix) - Fake Blood
Yeah Yeah (Flosstradamus Remix) - Matt & Kim
Where's Your Head At - DJ Sega
Burn It Down (Hatchmatik's Burn Down the Club Remix) - Hatchmatik
Back at the Club (Boy 8-bit Remix) - Pomomofo
XR2 - M.I. A
Blaw! (Neo's Let the Attack Begin Edit) - Blaqstarr
Rather Get Some Head (Start The Violence Remix) - Three Six Mafia
Countdown MSTR EXTENDED (DESIGNER DRUGS) - Jupiter One
i choose you (krames bmore) - Willie Hutch
International Players Anthem feat Outkast - UGK
luchxini (skipmode mix) - Camp Lo
Meddle-(DESIGNER DRUGS 80's COKE JAME REMIX) - Little Boots
Guns - 3 Is A Crowd
Got Yourself A Gun - Nas
Here I Am (Come And Take Me) - Al Green

Comments

Popular Posts